Wednesday, November 23, 2011

HQ Thoughts on Thanksgiving 2011


HQ wants to share some thoughts with riders today on the eve of Thanksgiving 2011.

As some of you know, I tore (completely detached at the kneecap) my quad muscle in late March this year when I slipped in the mud while doing some yard work at my mom’s house.

Some of you have heard the gory details of that experience, but I will spare this audience from that recap (pardon the pun).

Being almost completely helpless for about 6 weeks and unable to walk taught me several important lessons in patience, humility, and courage. It also helped deepen my appreciation for our military and wounded warriors who come home with devastating injuries.

During my recovery, the thought of being able to ride off-road again seemed like a distant and remote possibility.

I am thankful for my family and friends who helped support and encourage me over the last 7 months. In the great scheme of my life, this injury may only be remembered as a small bump in the road. However, I hope the life lessons learned over the last few months will help make me a better person and leader.

Being out on the trail once again has been uplifting and fun. But it is the character building that I treasure most. Thanks again for all your support and friendship.

# # #

No comments:

Post a Comment