Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thank God for Good Samaritans


A lot of us talk about how great it is to be part of the “off-road” family. Sure we have good times riding or driving on trails or sitting around the campfire telling stories, but
a trait that may not get enough attention is the willingness to help a fellow off-roader in distress.

While on my way home on April 19 from the Billy Ray Memorial Trail Ride at Stonyford, I had a blow out on my rear truck tire which sent my official F250 BRC land use battle wagon and my 23 ft Weekend Warrior trailer into a series of ugly fishtails and jackknives on Interstate 5.

After coming to a stop with the truck now separated from my trailer (the ball bolt snapped) and pointed north on southbound I5, the trailer was sitting across both lanes
of the freeway with no way for me to get the trailer off the road.

Fortunately two families of dirt-bikers stopped almost immediately to help. Being in a state of shock myself, I was not thinking clearly. Thank God for these Good Samaritans who were quick witted and backed one of their trucks (with a trailer hitch) up
to the trailer and towed it to the side of the road.

To make a long story short the truck and trailer are in the body shop. It was a miracle that nobody got hurt and that nobody hit my truck or trailer.

The General just wants to give a very well deserved and sincere THANK YOU to those
off-roaders who took the time to help a fellow rider in distress. God Bless you for that.

# # #

No comments:

Post a Comment