Tuesday, January 11, 2011

THANK YOU AMA DIST 36 FOR YOUR KINDNESS


I wanted to take a short break today away from posting info about land-use fights and thank AMA Dist. 36 for the kindness shown to me the other night at their 32nd Annual Awards Banquet. I was sitting at one of the tables visiting with Daphne Greene (OHMVR Dep. Dir.) and her staff and also Perry King (member, AMA Board of Directors) when Dave Pickett called me up on the stage.


It was a real surprise. I was afraid it was going to be some sort of prank (several years ago they gave me a “taco award” – yes, a stale taco) like they did on a previous occasion.

However, much to my surprise it was a very cool award recognizing my 20 years of service to the off-road community as a land-use advocate.

I am also thankful to BRC and other news outlets for running the story.

BRC News Release on 20 Years of Service Award
http://www.sharetrails.org/releases/?story=723&filter=media

And

Don Emde’s Partsmag
http://www.partsmag.com/01_10_D36_AMADOR_AWARD.html

Stockton Record Article on Award
http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110115/A_INTERACT/101150306/-1/A_INTERACT02

Being a “Quiet Warrior” for the sport is no easy task. It requires you to ride quietly on public roads and trails but speak loudly and effectively in the legislative, administrative, and legal processes so that riders don’t get screwed by overzealous bureaucrats, left-wing eco-groups, and closure-oriented polices.

Thanks again D36 for your generosity it is greatly appreciated. Also, thanks to many of you who have sent PMs. It means more than you will ever know.

I salute you!

No comments:

Post a Comment