Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanks and Thanksgiving Thoughts for 2009


As I get ready to shut the HQ down to prepare for, and celebrate, Thanksgiving, The General wants to share a few thoughts with his fellow riders and friends.

It goes without saying that I am very thankful for my family and my relatively good health.

The tone and direction for today’s thought is to express my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to my many friends and supporters during this past year. That sentiment is extended to those of you who are club members, agency staff, riders, small business owners, law enforcement officers, government officials, web gurus, military members, industry representatives, academics, and others who make up that friend and/or support list. I won’t mention any specific names because you know who you are and I know who you are.

I work for a non-profit organization and, as such, am dependent on the charity and generosity of people and companies that support the cause. Be assured, I am acutely aware of that fact and work every day to respect and honor your commitment and donations.

As you know, The General has faced, and continues to face, a number of very complex and difficult land use issues. 2010 will be just as challenging.

This Thanksgiving, I will snap a salute and raise a toast to you at the dinner table.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment