Thursday, January 29, 2009

STOP FEB. 10 BAN OF ALL YOUTH OHVS


This is an “All Hands on Deck” Order from The General

Send a letter and stop the Feb. 10 BAN on all youth OHVs!!!

*Included below is a sample letter regarding the potential ban of all youth-oriented OHVs starting Feb. 10, 2009. I am asking OHV users to contact the Consumer Product Safety Commission and their elected officials today!


I have already sent my letters to the CPSC, Pres. Obama, and Congress - you need to do the same - That's an Order!!!

CPSC Comment Page

http://www.cpsc.gov/cgibin/info.aspx

BRC Rapid Response Center to contact the White House and your Congressional Member

MIC News Release on Issue:



Sample "Cut and Paste" Letter:

As a member of the OHV community, I want to voice my strong support for petitions filed recently by the Motorcycle Industry Council and Specialty Vehicle Institute of America to seek emergency relief from provisions which go into effect on February 10, 2009.

While I do support efforts by Consumer Product Safety Commission to protect children from lead content in products that truly present a risk to children, I do not believe the Commission intended that metal parts on ATVs and motorcycles be included in that regulation because they do not present a lead risk to children.

As the spring OHV recreation season rapidly approaches, I ask you to support efforts to exclude youth-oriented OHVs – and the businesses that sell and service them – from being unnecessarily impacted by this ban especially during this economic crisis.

Sincerely,

2 comments:

  1. I'm in, General!!! I'll do my part and rally some more troops.
    thanks for leading the charge,
    Del

    ReplyDelete
  2. Del,

    Thanks. It is important for voters to contact their Congressman by personal email or phone call and ask them to review this serious issue.

    The General

    ReplyDelete